Saturday, November 7, 2009

Still On A Rampage

Click on the picture to see a larger view.
YUP!! I'm still going strong on making more jewelry. I finished this one yesterday after lunch. Seems like a rather simple one compared to the others but I had to redo the beaded loops that go around the focal pendant 4 times. (UGH!) By the fourth time I just wanted it done and over with but I am happy with the way it turned out.

I thought I just had to share this little story with you all as it applies to the necklaces I have been making the last few days. Thursdays when I get my nails done I usually stop at my parents to visit. Her retirement community has a craft get together every Thursday so I stop at the clubhouse to visit with all the ladies. I had taken the other 3 necklaces to show then my latest work and as I was passing them around the table for people to look at my mother quietly put on the lime green necklace. There were various conversations going around the table and all the while she sat and chatted with the necklace on hoping I wouldn't notice that one had gone missing. So as I am putting them back in their bags I notice the lime green one is not on the table. (Still not a word from my mom.) I am looking around and not seeing it but I still haven't said anything and then I spy it on her neck. I hand her the bag and say you know you can't keep it mom. She just replies "I figured it was an early Christmas present." Then she whispers to me....."I can't seem to find the clasp to get it off." Likely story!

5 comments:

crafty creations said...

And who better to have one of your amazing necklaces than your mum !!!

I just love the colours you have used on this one - stunning !!

Sandie said...

I've loved all your necklaces, this one I love too,the little haert is gorgeous and the main square pendant is too.
Do you think "Santa" will deliver your mom a green necklace?

Sandie x

Redfish Artwork by Vickie Fisher said...

These are gorgeous, you ARE going to town on these! Keep up the great work,are you selling them somewhere?
Hugs,
Vickie

Elaine A said...

Val -

These necklaces are just so beautiful. I love them.

Elaine Allen

lee said...

Please let me know if you decide to sell one as I cant find anything like them anywhere,not as nice and if that fails better put me on the christmas list LOL! I will sawp you an original Lee Hynes-----?I will be back to fill in the space as soon as I find something I can do LOL!
Lee