Monday, October 19, 2009

Happy Halloween

Click on the pictures to see a larger view.

These 2 pieces are for 2 different swaps but because they are both Halloween I decided to post them together.
This first one is for a Haunted House swap and I provided the house die cut from chipboard for all the players. (It's mounted on a 6" x 6" card.) I cut my house from black mount board and then cut up a second house to add all the trim covered in black glitter. The tree is made from black wire that I twisted together. (Oooo! .... my hands are still aching!) The ghosts have a layer of "glow-in-the dark" nail polish on them. The black "gravel" or dirt is colored decorator sand. The fence, moon, witch, ghosts, pumpkin and bats are all punches. The orange swirls behind the bottom of the house is an organza ribbon with glitter swirls on it.

This is a 4" x 4" card for the monthly alphabetical swap. This month was "H" so Halloween was a natural fit. The broom I found at a local craft shop and I tied it with black embroidery floss. The spider web is a design I drew on my computer and then printed on a transparency. The spider is a silver charm that I painted with a special metal enamel. The witches hat is a sequin and the dripping goo and bats are all punches. The purple fence at the bottom is rubber stamped and then embossed with a dark purple powder.

1 comment:

FILIGREE MOON said...

Very creative cards! ~ Angela