Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Glittered Mucha Ladies

Click on the picture to see a larger view.


This is for an upcoming swap that is being hosted on my Yahoo group by Alison Brandist. She always has the best ideas for swap themes and this one is no exception. The idea was to use artwork images (and glitter) by the famous "art nouveau" artist Alphonse Mucha. (Arguably one of my favorite artists of that genre.) The glitter doesn't photograph as well as it looks in person but it is on every card. I also added chains and beads over the spots on the ladies garments that already had those elements. You can see on the one where the women who is holding the cup where the beads on her bracelet swung aside to reveal the image underneath. I also added some little bits of punchart on each card because I just had to make the flowers 3D.

3 comments:

Gwen Crowell said...

Valerie....all I can say is...STUNNING!!! I just got mine printed and will be working on them...wow...I'm SO impressed with your work...you are such a gifted artist!!

Nancy said...

I saw these in person on Monday and the pictures do not reflect on how beautiful these are. They are stunning!

Anonymous said...

Valerie....you do such fabulous work. I love all of your ideas; how do you come up with them. These cards are FAB!!

Reba