Monday, October 26, 2009

Ancient Wisdom & Magic Chunky Book

Click on the pictures to see a larger view.
We design our own cover for the book and each month we are assigned a different player to receive our page.

This page goes to Tracy Kaufman this month.


Once Alison Brandist has come up with another unusual and interesting swap. This is based on a book she has with the same title and every month we do a page based on a chapter of the book. The first chapter is title "Bird Lore" and we are to do a 4" x 4" page based on one or more birds from a list she provided. For each bird there is an explanation of it's meaning and what qualities it embodies which we are to include on the page somewhere. I chose a peacock because I LOVE the colors and iridescent qualities of it feathers.

The background paper is a white mulberry paper and some asian paper I recently purchased at a rubberstamp show. (The booth I found them at was run by this little old asian man who explained the meaning of every paper to me.) The chinese "characters" are for "happiness" and "properity" which I painted myself. The flowers are done with very small punches and then shaped to give them dimension. The "eye" of each feather has a very small rhinestone in it that I colored with alcohol inks. The lanterns across the top are some charms I found strung on a piece of embroidery thread. The feather on the back is stamped on to a another piece of that wonderful asian paper I found. I created the gold area with Rub-N-Buff to make it stand out from the busy paper. The label is one that I removed the center ad from in Photoshop and added all my own information onto. The "kanji" in the left corner is my own personal one that had made from a company on-line.

No comments: