Friday, September 4, 2009

Steam Punk Meets Zetti

Click on the picture to see a larger view.

It was bound to happen sooner or later. Steam Punk and Zetti got together and this is the "child" they had. For those of you that are unfamiliar with the 2 styles here's a synopsis. Steam Punk is modern technology that is made with all the mechanical trappings from Victorian times. (Think of the movies, Wild, Wild West, The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen, 20,000 Leagues Under The Sea.) Zetti is a style of doing people where you mix all different photos or pictures of people together. (For example...you take the face from one photo mix it with the body of a stamped image and hand draw the arms and legs.) It was only natural that the 2 styles be combined and I decided to give it try when one of the groups I belong to decided to have a swap doing just that.

All of the cards are meant to be seen as toys from victorian times with a Zetti twist. Here are the titles of the 4 cards.

1. Upper left is called "The Contractor Prince". I named him that because when we had an addition put onto to our house about 3 years ago I kept all the pieces of wire, wood, and metal that the contractors left behind. (He is made from all those little bit and pieces.)

2. Upper right is "The Time Princess". She is made from a whole bunch of old watch parts so that was a given. Her body is made from a piece of embossed foil that Danise gave me. (It is made from the foil liner that you pull off of sealed cans of coffee and other foods.)

3. Lower left is called "The Bird Keeper" because of the little bird cage that his torso is made from. The bird cage is made from an acrylic tile from Tim Holtz' "Ideaology" collection.

4. The lower right hand card is called "The Queen Of Machines". I imagined her as a little mechanical "pull" toy that has much higher ambitions then being a child's plaything.

9 comments:

"MOI" Freubel said...

And you made this by yourself Valerie ??
My God, you must see me sitting here before my pc in the Netherlands. What a brilliant artist are you !! And when you enlarge the picture, there are so many details to see.
*****
thank you also for the furniture freebies. I saved two of them.

Martina2801 said...

This pieces are just brilliant, fantastic, totally awesome, wow, what more can I say. Love it.
Really great artwork!!!!

Jan said...

Just totally fantastic - I am blown away by these. May I please ask where you got your lovely little faces?

lilibulle said...

absolutely gorgeous your steampun!! i love the way you've combined all the little elements!! bravo!!

Lori Northon said...

Hey, Valerie, these are absolutely incredible! I love the way you combined both steam punk and zetti. It absolutely works in a big way. All four are full of all sorts of interesting details. Love it, love it, love it!

paperqueen said...

Absolutely brilliant! I like steampunk design, and am fascinated by Zetti, but I have to say, their offspring are better than either alone!
Cheers to you, my friend. Stunning, unique, detailed and just plain wonderful.
Eileen
Oh, and I will be using some of these ideas...is that inspiration or grand theft, LOL!

lee said...

Thay are just wonderful.Should be published in a mag.
Lee

k9dancer said...

These are awesome! What a creative mind you have!

Brenda Grace said...

These just blow my mind! I love them and cannot believe the image collection nor the punch collection for that matter! Thankyou for sharing so much - I love it all!