Saturday, September 12, 2009

Proud Peacock

Click on the picture to see a larger view.


This ATC sized fan was a project from another group I belong to called the Advanced ATC/UK. (It folds up to be the size of an ATC.) I started with a rubber stamp image of a peacock feather and hand painted over it with the proper colors using Twinkling H2O's. I then took "tiger tail" jewelry wire and put a crimp bead on the end and strung a crystal and a bugle bead on. I sandwiched the end of the wire between the fan and a paper backing to make the "fringe" that runs along the top of each fan blade.

8 comments:

Loriann48 said...

Would you consider making another for trade? I love this!

crafty creations said...

Hiya Valerie and what a fabulous atc !!!!! the colours and the way you've designed it to close - fantastic

Linda Dunn said...

This is incredible! You amaze me.

Anonymous said...

Val, this is just georgeous (sp?). You do some awesome work. Just love this peacock.

Reba

Valerie B. said...

This was a very time consuming card to do and right now I don't have time to make another one. (Sorry!)

Denise said...

Beautiful!! You did a great job. The beads were a great addition.

Ginia said...

Thank you for the spare pieces you sent me. They are perfect. I love what you've done with yours.
Virginia

Heather said...

Love the peacock, absolutely perfect imagery for the fan - I can imagine how much more beautiful it will look "in the flesh" with all those Twinkling H2O's.

Heather