Tuesday, September 1, 2009

"F" Is For Fairy

Click on the picture to see a larger view.

This 4" x 4" card is for the Alphabetical Order swap on my Yahoo list. It was supposed to go out yesterday but the mailman came early. Here are the details of how I did it.

1. The background is heavy watercolor paper that I sprayed with water to moisten. Then I spritzed on "cherry blossom" Walnut Ink by Tsukineko. I also added metallic watercolors in hot pink, pearl and baby pink while it was still wet. I chalked the edges with a dark pink to frame the whole scene.

2. The image of the women is glued to card stock then cut out and pop dotted to the background.

3. The wings are a pattern I designed on my computer and printed on a transparency. I then ran it through a Xyron and attached 2 layers of Fantasy Film to it. I still wasn't happy with the color of the wings so I darkened it with alcohol inks.

4. The vines are twisted paper ribbons in a dark brown. I simply wove them around and glued them in spots where they touched the background. I then punched out many leaves and glued them around the vines.

5. The tiny yellow flowers and the rose are also from punches that I shaped by using an embossing stylus. I chalked them and added some texture to the centers by using "Elements Earth Textures". It's very cool stuff made by the Art Institute of Glitter and Barb Trombley. It made out of natural elements like ground coffee, dried carrots, dried herbs etc. (Plus it smells really good when you take off the lids.)

6. The "F" is a die cut letter that is mounted onto a circle punched from cream card stock and embossed with a folder from Cuttlebug. I rubbed an ink pad over the raised area to make it show more.

7. Lastly I added some self adhesive rhinestones to her head band and she was ready to mail.

No comments: