Monday, July 27, 2009

Dance Like No One is Watching

Click on the picture to see a larger view.


Remember the circle journals I am involved in? This is for the first one called Through The Eyes of an Artist and the pages are for Alison Brandist. I was feeling in an "art nouveau" mood for some reason. I think it was the colors of some of the previous pages in Alison's journal that inspired me. The main image is of course by the most well known art nouveau artist of all, Alphonse Mucha. The title of the painting is "Dance" so that is what made me think of the little poem I hand lettered on it. The flowers are punchart and they have been shaded with chalk and colored pencils. (They are also embossed and then pop dotted to make them stand out on the page more.) The curvy or "whiplash" border was penciled by hand and then painted with a very thin brush. The blue lines I added afterwards to accentuate the copper with a colored pencil. I added the some beads on copper wire between the openings and some rhinestones on the flowers and I was all set.

4 comments:

Linda Dunn said...

This is superb!

Orinda said...

This is really gorgeous. What visions to have in one's head. Just gorgeous. Orinda

Orinda said...

This is soooo gorgeous. Orinda

Gwendolyn said...

V, Stunningly beautiful piece! I LOVE LOVE LOVE it! Thanks for sharing it...


Gwenny