Thursday, July 9, 2009

Colors Circle Journal (Pages for Sue)

To download click on the picture to get a full size image. Right click and "save to" your computer desktop or a folder of your choice.


Well I was really inspired when I received this package of a new "Circle journal" to work on. (Remember the "I Dream In Colors" journal?) These pages are for Sue and her colors are orange, purple and green. At first I thought what odd colors to choose but them I remembered my color theory classes from college. Those colors are all secondary colors which means they are created by mixing equal parts of the primary colors. (Red, yellow and blue.)

Here are some of the details of the pages.

1. The curtains on the outside of each page was an image I found on-line of a fortune tellers book. The middle image of the gypsy was too dark and beyond repair on Photoshop so I just used the curtains and colored them with colored pencils.



2. The inner corners have a piece of old lace that I ripped in half and Modge Podged to the paper. I then lightly brushed a Versamark ink pad over the raised areas and sprinkled on some embossing powder. It makes the lace look gilded and made of metal which I think is a very cool effect.
3. The paper flowers are all from "Prima Marketing" and I happened to get on clearance at Michael's. Some I left as is and other's I stamped or painted to match the page colors.
4. The butterfly is made from "Fantasy Film" which is really cool to use. You take several layers and place them over a stamp that has Staz-On ink on it. Place a no-stick craft sheet or a piece of parchment paper over the stamp and iron it with an iron set on medium, for a few seconds. Pull it up and cut it out and Voilá. I added a body carved from wood and painted black along with 2 wire attenae.
5. The beaded swirls are just beads strung on thin wire and sewn down to the page.
6. The "Wheel of Fortune" works like a Magic Eight Ball. You ask a question and then spin it to get an answer. It was made from an image called a "wind rose" that I found on "Vintage Printable." I simply added my own words around the perimeter, colored it with pencils and added a spinner from Tim Holtz. (There is also a metal rossette, used to decorate brads, to raise the spinner so it will spin freely.)
7. The background of each page is made with the "Glimmer Screens" from "Tattered Angels" and the recipes to create your own "Glimmer mists" that I did a while ago on a tutorial. I then stamped words over some areas and heat embossed some swirled images in others.

2 comments:

jerseytjej said...

These are so pretty and I am so glad that we were able to connect via the net...
You are blessed to be able to do what you do and then so well! Hugs and thanks!!!
Gina

Janny said...

Gorgeous!