Click on the picture to a larger view.
Remember those 2 circle journals I am working on? Well this is a page I just completed for the "I Dream In Colors" journal. (That's the one where all the artist choose certain colors for the whole journal to be done in.) Tracy's colors are brown and cream with a touch of yellow. I'm still stuck on eggs and birds that I used for my chunky house book and I really loved the poem I found so I used it again.
Here are some of the details.
1. The swirls of the background paper were a little too bold so I white washed the paper with white acrylic to tone it down. I then laid down one of the "Tattered Angels" stencils and sprayed over it with walnut ink. You can see the branch image on the left hand side next to the yellow ribbon. Again the best laid plans got covered up but that's the way it goes. The dots across the background are stamped with a cream colored acrylic paint.
2. The poem was printed on my computer on top of an image of an old book page. I tore it out and then chalked the edges with a dark gold.
3. The frame around the feather is cut from chipboard and then aged with a 2 step crackling process. The aged and yellowed look of the feather was achieved by taking a piece of acetate and lightly dabbing it with alcohol ink. It was then placed over the feather which is mounted on a piece of cream colored paper.
4. The branch is real and sanded flat in some places and then coated with a matt varnish to make sure the moss stays attached. The leaves are some silk leaves I ripped off of a faux grapevine.
5. The nest is made by taking a circle of chip board the size I wanted the nest to be and it is painted dark brown to match the branches. I took plastic eggs and cut them in half and hot glued them to the center of the chipboard circle. I took apart a small grapevine wreathe and re-used the rusted wire to stitch the grapevines to the chip board circle. The eggs were embellished by spattering them with dark brown paint and then coloring them a light gold with alcohol ink. (They were then coated with a mat varnish.)