Sunday, June 7, 2009

Never Underestimate A Little Embellishment

Click on the picture to see a larger view.

Tomorrow I am going to be teaching a scrapbooking 101 class to a bunch of ladies that live in the retirement community with my parents. I chose this tag as a small project to do once they learn all the basics like using a paper trimmer, what's the best glue, all about punches, matting a photo and so on. The reason there are 2 tags is kind of a before and after. I wanted to show how to dress up something by adding a few little things. I have posted it here because I think it shows what a difference a few embellishments can make to turn a tag from OK to really CUTE!

1. The flowers are pop dotted and the center is embossed with glitter embossing powder.
2. I added black lines around the inside edges of the flower, leaves and title.
3. The edge of the title and the tag has been rubbed with Distress ink.
4. The border lace at the bottom has been embossed with glitter embossing powder too.
5. The hole of the tag has an eyelet and ribbon added to it. 

No comments: