Monday, June 8, 2009

And Now For Something Weird

To download click on the picture to get a full size image. Right click and "save to" your computer desktop or a folder of your choice.



I found these images and many more from this artist/biologist who lived from 1834 to 1919. He did a lot of work in the genealogy world and coined many scientific terms like "phylum" and "ecology". A lot of his art work is of flowers and other recognizable species but I am most fascinated by these drawings of sea life. Most of them are microscopic and something most of us have never seen but a few are recognizable like the hoseshoe crab and octopus. I have no idea if anyone has any use for these images but they are just so pretty to me. (I found them at the Vintage Printable Site.)

3 comments:

Melissa Haren said...

I REALLY like these! Thanks for the hook up! (I will HAVE to find a way to use them! hmmmmm.... maybe on a 4x4 or ATC?)

Nan said...

Love these! I have seen his work before...thanks so much for sharing! And for the amazing link!

Summerland Cottage Studio said...

I just found you thru Sherry's blog and am thrilled with the new inspiration,
especially these illustrations,
like nothing I've seen before...
Thank you !