The window opens to reveal a picture of me. (See below)
Me in my natural habitat.
"Free Your Heart and Your mind Will Follow"
Each artist will do a tag that Sarah will attach to the last page.
Some of you may remember the journal cover I did called "Always An Artist". Well as I explained before it will be part of a 14 month journey where it will pass through the hands of the same number of artists who will each do a page about themselves. The above result is for Sarah Walker's journal.
1. I made the backgrounds by mixing my own glimmer mists. (See my video tutorial on how to work with metallic powders.) I used Spiced Marmalade (Distress ink) mixed with Bronze Perfect Pearls and Raspberry ink (Adirondack) with Blush Perfect Pearls. I used both pieces of a die I have to spray the background.
2. The gold scroll heart is another die cut I have that I cut from chipboard. I then rubbed Versamark over it and heat embossed with 3 layers of gold powder. To keep the layers apart and allow the stuff in the shaker to move I cut another heart from pink fun foam and cut out the inner pieces. The heart is full of small words that I cut out of a book page along with micro beads and some hearts glitter.
3. The small wings are from a McGill punch that I recently purchased and they are punched from packaging plastic that had a swirl design printed on it. I then colored them with alcohol ink.
4. If you look closely at the swirl design behind the word "Free" you will notice that is has a fine texture over it. I achieved that by die cutting some bridal tulle in hot pink then I glued it down with Mod Podge.
5. The idea about the window came to me as I laying in my bedroom about to fall asleep for a nap. I opened my eyes and noticed that I could see shadows of the plants outside the window through the curtains and the idea just popped into my head. (I immediately grabbed my notepad I keep by the bed for this exact reason and I jotted it down.)