Wednesday, April 15, 2009

More High Fashion Housing

Click on the picture to see a larger view.


Here are 2 more samples of these adorable birdhouses (from Dollar Tree) for the swap going on at my Yahoo list.

The Blue Birdhouse has the roof covered with a thin sheet of aluminum that I ran through my Sizzix in one of the embossing folders from Cuttlebug. (You could probably do the same with a pop can.) Once I had it folded around the edges I painted it with black acrylic paint and rubbed part of it off. The body of the birdhouse is crackle painted and then dry brushed to make it look weathered. The fence is glazed with a chocolate brown acrylic and the "moss" around the bottom is something called "Flower Soft". (It looks like the stuff that model train builders use to make trees and foliage.) I hung the beads by head pins that I glued into holes that I poked through the wood underneath. The surrounding metal flower around the entrance is punched with a circle punch then die cut with a flower and then run through an embossing folder by Quickutz.

The Paisley one is completely hand painted and took me three days to complete. All the dots are made with various sizes of embossing tools.

3 comments:

June said...

They are so cute. Love them
Hugs June xxx

lilibulle said...

they are beautiful!! the one with thin on the roof.. wow!! amazing!! bravo valérie!!

Women fragrances said...

They are both beautiful.
I really love it.
Amazing!