Wednesday, April 29, 2009

B Is For Bamboo

Click on the picture to see a larger view.


This 4" x 4" card is for the monthly swap called "Alphabetical Order". I originally wanted to do all of the cards of punchart flowers but this month when I was putting together an asian kit I kinda got stuck on "asian".

Although it doesn't really show the background is sprayed with a recipe I found online to make your own "Shimmer mists". (I'll cover how to make it in an upcoming video tutorial on working with metallic powders.) The bamboo is made from polymer clay and then painted with a dark brown glaze that was then wiped off. The leaves are hand cut from a marbled handmade paper and glued to stems made of twisted paper. The frame is made from bamboo skewers that I tied at each corner. The "kanji" is my own name that I had made into a stamp by a company called "Good Characters".

2 comments:

Elena said...

It's absolutely gorgeous Val!! And the best part? It's MINE!!!!!!

Linda Dunn said...

That is so awesomely-fabulously-wonderful!