Monday, February 23, 2009

What's in My Drawer's (It must be Wednesday!)

Click on the picture to see a larger view.

This drawer is part of what's left of my sewing stuff. I used to make crazy quilted vests and I used lace from this drawer plus vintage handkerchiefs, napkins and table clothes. A lot of the lace and tatting is very old and some of it is even too fragile to actually use. I really don't use much from this drawer except on special occasions, but I just can't bear to part with all this yummy lace that I spent hours searching for at antique shops, estate sales, garage sales and flea markets.

This is the drawer directly above the one you see with all the nicely wrapped lace bobbins. These are all the scraps that are too small to wrap around anything so they just get tossed in this drawer.

No comments: