Thursday, February 26, 2009

A Little More Steam Punk

Click on the picture to see a larger view.




Well it seems that I haven't got the urge to do "steam punk" out of my system yet. This little box is for a swap being held on my Yahoo list called "The Sum Of All ATC's". The goal is to decorate the box any way you want and to include a treasure inside for the recipient. (It can be something you have made or purchased like jewelry, candy, small trinkets or even embellishments to use on ATC's. ) The necklace I made to include in my box is from an watch I had that I took apart. I covered the inside back with some red moire fabric and then glued on all the tiny watch parts from that watch and a few others. Once I was done I snapped the back on to the watch crystal so it was all enclosed. I pried off the metal watch bands from the holding pins so they would be left to hang the necklace from. The necklace itself is made from an old chain a couple of gold washers and some earring chandelier parts. (The dangle is made from watch gears.)

7 comments:

angelshair said...

Your blog is really well designed, and I love your arwork!

Sarah W said...

Absolutely gorgeous. I love it.

Mary's Madness said...

Love the necklace!

Penny Duncan Creations said...

Hey Valerie...Please check out my blog I've given you something that is WELL deserved!!!
Penny Duncan

jerseytjej said...

I love that box and wish I had participated! I misunderstood and uploaded photos of my personal treasure stashes, lol! I'm off to relegate myself to the corner for not reading the directions thoroughly! ;(

Pattie said...

Fantastic art work !

artrato3 said...

drool,drool,drool!
Lee