Click on the picture to see a larger view.
As I was looking for some metallic paper yesterday I came across a drawer of projects that I had started a couple of summers ago and then forgot about. I love to take pictures of my garden, when it is in bloom, so I have a mass of pictures. I decided that I may as well document them by making a scrapbook because I never looked at the photos stored on my computer. Here are 2 of the pages for that scrapbook. It is in a 6x6 format and I decided to collage them and cram as much stuff as I could on each page. (There is also a third page on my daffodils but after looking at it I decided it need more "stuff".)
Here are the particulars of each page.
White Photo Box - The box with the flower in it is actually a "shaker" and the flower is a pre-bought printed acetate image. (If you look closely you can see the micro beads in the upper left hand corner behind the flower image.) The edges have "ice" flakes glued around it to give it a frosted appearance.
Fern Leaf - A piece of heavy frosted template plastic with an image of a fern, stamped on it with alcohol ink, and pearl metallic paper glued behind it. (The template plastic is what is used to cut your own quilt patterns from.)
Burlap Photo Frame - This is stamped on clear acetate and them embossed with white embossing powder and the back is colored with copper alcohol ink. (You have to heat the embossing powder carefully or you will melt the acetate.) The gold scroll is a die-cut.
Metal Butterfly - A silver butterfly is colored with alcohol inks and then has a black bugle bead for the body. The head is also a bead and it has wire attennae.
Spider - The web is hand sewn and knotted with regular sewing thread and the spider is 2 carnelian beads with wire legs.
Background - Metallic paper that has been embossed with a Cuttlebug template.
Title - The letters are cut with Sizzix alphabets dies and then coated with lime green mica glitter. The slide mount behind the letters is the heavy frosted template plastic colored with alcohol inks. It was then made into a shaker that contains micro beads and "spun" glitter. (Spun glitter has very long fibers instead of small flakes.)
Silver Disc - This is thin aluminum that has been embossed using a Cuttlebug die.
Asian Coin - An actual coin that has been mounted on a piece of hot pink acrylic. The corner brads are silver and were colored with alcohol ink.
Beaded trim - Lime green and hot pink beads strung on a wire across the top. Instead of ending the wire on the back of the page I poked the tail through to the front and curled the end to make a decorative element.
Corner flower - A piece of vellum that is printed with a hot pink chrysanthemum is layered over hot pink mulberry paper. The mulberry paper is stamped and embossed with white chinese writing.
Background - The background is a piece of clear acetate colored with alcohol ink and layered over lime green card stock. Certain areas are highlighted underneath with the lime green mica glitter. (You can see it a little in the upper left hand corner behind the pink wire swirl.)
So what should you learn from all of this. MORE IS BETTER! and it's all about layering. Keep piling it on even if you cover up part of it. The little details are what makes a piece more interesting.
Now I have to go find a warm blanket and somewhere to curl up. It is 6 below with a wind chill of 25 below.
I'M #@*&$%! FREEZING!!!