Saturday, January 17, 2009

Of Queens and Keys

Click on the picture to see a larger view.


Another cold and snowy day. So far we have gotten another 5 to 6 inches today. Just the reason I need to stay in the basement all day and make art. (Like I need a reason.) HAH!!!

I finished 2 cards today. The first is for the Lucky Lady Dip swap I am participating in on the Advanced ATC Artists-UK. (Yeah I know I'm from the states but I guess they thought I was good enough to be invited into a really superb group of artists.)

The image of the women in full royal dress I bought from Lulu. I then hand colored her on my computer and copied the image and flipped it to create a "playing card". It was quite an easy card to do so I may make this one for all the players in the upcoming Lucky Lady Dip swap I am hosting on ATC World.

The second card is for Judy Dominguez and it is based on another card I did recently for the monthly techniques swap using mica. I had a few pieces left over so I used one of those but I also had these cool little packaging bubbles that came from Tim Holtz with locks in them. (The key in the bubble actually hangs down from a headpin through the top.)

Well it's time to feed the hubby so I better go get dinner started.

2 comments:

crafty creations said...

Stunning atc's love the way you've flipped the image in the first one and the collage on the second one is brilliant incidently it would fit nicely into my challenge this week where the theme is Keys - if you'd like to take a look and let other peeps see your work you can find it here

http://lotstodocallenges.blogspot.com/

Have a great weekend

Kathy said...

These are both wonderful!! But I really love the Keys one!! Wonderful work! My "break" from making ATCs is almost over..then I'll be after you to trade with me again!lol!! :-)