Thursday, January 8, 2009

A Cool Surprise!

Click on the picture to see a larger view.

Sometimes in the middle of creating you run across something unexpected and kinda cool. As some of you may know I host the monthly techniques swap on the ATC World list. (The technique for January is using bleach.) So I was in the basement playing with my stamps and some bleach trying to figure out what the heck I was going to do for this swap. All of the samples I had done thus far were less then thrilling so I pulled out some more scraps and some more stamps to try again. One of the scraps happened to be some plain old black card stock that I had recently bought from Michael's. I always seem to need black and they never seem to have it in stock except that day... so I bought a bunch. Anyways when I stamped the bleach on it, it immediately turned this wonderful jade green. I kept thinking it would keep getting lighter until it was white but it stayed that wonderful color. So I had my "eureka" and above is the background and the finished card.

So keep experimenting and remember ..."A mistake is only an embellishment opportunity."

3 comments:

Sarah W said...

Valerie, I love it. Just wish I was participating in this swap now just to get one of these. If you have any spare talent, can you please send me some ;-)

Elena said...

Wow! Love that look Val. So you just stamped the bleach on black cardstock? Will try it tonight!

rush8888 said...

my thick black cardstock bleaches out into a very rich gold. so, not every black is gold! rush