Sunday, January 4, 2009

Another Valentine Ornament

Click on the picture to see a larger view.


I have finished the second of the 4 Valentine Ornaments. The other 2 are close to being finished and may even be done today. All I have to do is make a tassel for each one, add the trim and handle and cover the back and I am done. In case you're curious here are some particulars of this ornament. The buttons are mother of pearl and from my personal collections of antique buttons. The trim around the edge is very old hand tatting. (Yes I know how to tat but that amount of trim would take me forever.) The "love" beads are those alphabet beads you see everywhere. I just painted them green and antiqued them with a gold glaze. The pink crystals on the tassel are from an old necklace I tore apart. The close up of the rose is silk ribbon embroidery.

No comments: