Sunday, November 9, 2008

Inspiration Can Come From Anywhere


You never know what might inspire you so always keep an open mind. The inserts the I made for this purse came from the invitation for the Detroit Institutes of Arts Annual Gala. The theme was Moulin Rouge and the papers they used were gorgeous. They are metallic and on thick card stock. The outside was embossed black on black and on the reverse was a black background with white flocking. (See the back of the purse.) I love this purse because it allows me as an artist to show my creative side whenever I want. It is clear acrylic with a black top and handle and you can put any insert on each side that you want. The site has many pre-made inserts to buy but who needs them when we crafters all have stashes of paper and other really cool stuff. I will warn you though the price of this cool purse is not for the faint of heart. They are currently $96.00 without an insert. (I bought mine 6 or 7 years ago at a craft convention as a prototype and it was then $50.00.) Back then I thought the price was bad enough, but it has been very durable and I never need to buy another evening purse ever again. Anyways I used all of the invitation for the inserts and added some black rhinestones, ribbon and some sequins in the shape of the Eiffel Tower.

So hang on to everything that you see. You just never know when it will become your next piece of art.

1 comment:

vintage art said...

The cards in your slide show are stunning! You're amazingly talented. :-)