Sunday, October 26, 2008

Another lazy Sunday morning and I am in my workshop making more beeswax cards while my husband is in his media room playing "Grand Theft Auto" on his Playstation 3. You just can't beat that sound track when you are making art. (Sigh!) Anyways I made some more beeswax cards and they are included in the slideshow below. One of them I did a little differently when I remembered that I had some metal stamps with asian characters on them. I simply coated the corner of the card with several layers of wax and let it cool. Meanwhile I set the "chops" in the melting pot on the bare metal so they would get hot. Unfortunately I forgot they were made completely out of metal and burned my fingers when I picked one up. I got pair of my jewelry pliers to pick them up and discovered they were too small to accomplish this when I dropped one in the hot beeswax and splashed it everywhere. (Thankfully I did not burn myself again.) I finally went and got a bigger pair of pliers and was able to make some impressions. So, for now... that is my last experiment with heating metal stamps for a while.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cyn W. said...I love your site. you are so talented and so smart at things. Love everything on your blog...

Anonymous said...

I come everyday to see what you have added. Love your blog.
Cyn W.